BOSTON BAR ENERGY CONFERENCE
The energy sector is rapidly changing, bringing about complex legal and regulatory challenges, along with emerging opportunities. On June 6th, the Boston Bar will host its second annual Energy Law Conference—connecting lawyers with cutting edge insights into some of the changes that are shaping the sale, use, and conservation of energy resources.
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Check-in & Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Meet the Regulators
- Moderator: Nancy Kaplan, Senior Counsel, Eversource Energy
- Melissa Hoffer, Chief, Energy & Environment Bureau, MA Attorney General’s Office
- Judith Judson, Commissioner, MA Department of Energy Resources
- Matthew H. Nelson, Chair, Department of Public Utilities
- Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, MA Department of Environmental Protection
2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Hot Topics in Energy
- Moderator: Staci Rubin, Senior Attorney, Conservation Law Foundation
- Kelly Caiazzo, Associate, Foley Hoag LLP
- Corinne Abrams DiDomenico, Manager, Environmental Transactions, National Grid
- Ken Kimmell, President, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Elizabeth Mahony, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General
3:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Siting and Land Use Issues & Trends
- Moderator: Courtney Feeley Karp, Senior Counsel, Klavens Law Group, P.C.
- Rebecca Gallagher, Project Development and Strategy Manager, SunPower
- Monica Gonzalez, Senior Regulatory Counsel, ISO-New England
- Kaitlin Kelly, Solar Program Manager, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
- Moderator: Jack Habib, Partner, Keegan Werlin LLP
- Liz Anderson, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General
- Charlotte Ancel, Director of Strategic Development, Eversource Energy
- Henry Yoshimura, Director, Demand Resource Strategy, ISO-New England
4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Adapting Facility Sites for New England’s
- Moderator: Joe Dorfler, Assistant Attorney General, Energy Division, Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General
- Dan Dolan, President, New England Power Generators Association
- Bonnie Heiple, Counsel, WilmerHale
- Shawn Konary, Senior Director, Environmental East Region, NRG Energy Inc.
- Theodore Paradise, Senior Vice President of Transmission Strategy and Counsel, Anbaric Development Partners
Energy & Battery Storage
- Moderator: Jessica Wall, Associate, Anderson & Kreiger
- Ariel Horowitz, Director of Technology Development, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- William Lauwers, Director of Emerging Technology, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
- Sasha Shyduroff, Clean Energy and Climate Planner, Metropolitan Area Planning Council
Courtney Feeley Karp
Klavens Law Group, P.C.
Conservation Law Foundation
Assistant Attorney General, Energy Division
Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office